
Flutterflies
We're about 20 weeks into the pregnancy - about 4 1/2 months. For a little over a week I've been able to feel Nugget fluttering about, and every once in awhile a good kick on the order of a hard flick to the inside of my tummy. Still pretty amazing to think that there's actually a little person in there.
Speaking of Amazing
I get a weekly update from Pampers that let's me know how the baby's developing from week to week. According to the updates, Nugget already has all of her/his fingernails, toenails, fingerprints, can hear & is aware of what's going on around her/him, can suck her/his thumb, practices breathing, and this week is growing a head of hair! All this at 8 ounces, 8 1/2 inches long! Her/his little heart beats around 150 beats a minute! Something we read said that baby is sensitive to light and may actually shield her/his eyes when a bright light is pointed at my tummy - of course, Craig had to try it with the maglite...
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (Psalm 139:13-14)
Exploring the World Unseen
Our ultrasound is scheduled for July 27 - we're not sure yet whether we want to know if Nugget is a She Nugget or a He Nugget. We like the idea of surprise, but also like the idea of being able to plan ahead...
My doctors (there are four in the office I go to, and I rotate through them on visits) suspect that my little bump is a little further along than we think it should be, so the ultrasound will also give us a firmer due date.
Collecting Baby StuffSo far - we have a very cute hoodie towel (modeled by Daddy...), bathrobe, and football paci from Uncle Nate & Aunt Staci, and a hand me down ExerSaucer from a mom in my small group. Otherwise we have quite a bit of stocking up to do! I have been studying my "Baby Bargains" book, and started to register for some of the bigger things at Target & Babies R Us. If you know of any Mommy-must-haves that I should add to the list, let me know!
Why Nugget?
What theological musing provoked us to nickname the baby "Nugget?" When we first found out that we might be pregnant, Craig named the baby "Nugget" (after my veto of "Chuckie") - so that's why. Craig also insists that our first choice of boy name is "Bono." Please God, let it be a girl :)!

2 comments:
woo hoo for your blog nugget! :)
i'm glad to hear that things are going well. we're praying for you guys!
i don't know grampa schantz, bono is better than "the edge" -- maybe we should run with it!
(and yay for grampa and gramma and great-grampa and great-gramma! how fun is that! congrats to everyone) :)
Like the pic of Craig...BATHMAN!!!
Post a Comment