BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Finally, A Vacation

Although life at camp hasn't really slowed down much, we were able to drag Craig away from his desk and take off for a great week of vacation. We headed first to Lake Geneva, WI where we scored an incredible resort villa - should have just stayed here all week, but had other places to go and people to see. Craig and I lived in Lake Geneva/ Williams Bay when we were first married and he was getting his Masters in Recreation. It was fun to be back, see changes, and enjoy the lake for a few days. Graham LOVED the water park at the resort best. He got up before 7 one morning, came into our bedroom, said, "MOM! Pool?" To which I sleepily responded, "Not yet. We have to wait until after breakfast." Graham went to the refrigerator, opened the door, and brought Craig and I each back to a yogurt in hopes that he could speed breakfast along...

The second leg of escape was a few days in Chicago. We ate deep dish pizza, took a train into downtown from the suburbs, toured Michigan Ave by bus on our way to Lincoln Park Zoo, and realized that its been awhile since we've lived in the "city." I couldn't believe how much I missed our backyard deer and turkeys! The highlight of the trip for Craig was meeting up with seven of his "Graham House" buddies from Wheaton for a U2 concert. The crazy guys stood outside Soldier Field for six hours waiting to get into the concert on Saturday. Lots of time for catching up! Their all day wait earned them a place about eleven people back from Bono himself - Craig's little piece of heaven. While Craig and the guys were hanging out, Graham and I took a trip to Legoland. I'm getting pretty good at building lego tractors.

As we started out for home, we made another overnight stop at Starved Rock State Park - about an hour and half west of Chicago. Here we did some hiking and saw some barges on the river. And then it was on toward home.

What were our favorite highlights? Graham: LOTS of swimming; Craig: U2, of course; Me: a pedi overlooking the lake & Mackinac Island Fudge ice cream at Kilwin's. But mostly we just really liked spending a bunch of time together.

0 comments: