Internet Access Angst
Our internet access at home has been out for about a month - alas, no postings... but we're back online! Sorry to those of you who kept checking for new news to no avail!!
Travels
Nugget and Mommy racked up the miles in the month of September! First, we flew to Michigan. Some good friends from Howell asked me to officiate at their wedding, although technically I am unlicensed currently the church pastor and I worked it so we could co-officiate. I planned out the ceremony, prayed and preached, while he did the official marrying part. It turned out to be a beautiful day despite some recent tragedies in the bride's family. Then we squeezed in a Wedding Shower for my brother - Nate - and Staci before I flew back home. Nate and Staci's wedding will be Nugget's first live and in person wedding in December!!
After a day of recuperation, laundry, and repacking Craig and I loaded up the car and headed up to the Black Hills of South Dakota for a much needed vacation after a busy camp summer. We drove through the Rosebud Reservation were I had spent some time teaching in college, hiked (just a little) in the Badlands, visited with many animals at Custer State Park, checked out Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Wind Cave, some dried up Hot Springs, Rapid City, and Deadwood (we left $3 ahead after spending $2 on the nickel slots - woo-hoo!). We stayed in a little cabin in Custer - which we highly recommend if anyone else is headed that way! The weather brought us the most excitment... Thursday we were hiking in the Badlands in 90+ degree heat, and as we drove back to the cabin on Saturday night after the Crazy Horse light show the car thermometer read 32, and it was SNOWING (on September 16!)! It stayed chilly on Sunday, and snowed again Sunday night. We thought it might be in the 40's so had packed some warm clothes, but snow was a bit bewildering!! 
Nugget and I did well on both trips, although I have learned that I have a low tolerance to warm and stuffy places now that my breathing capacity is a bit compromised... I gave Craig a pretty good scare one morning... but with water and fresh air, I recovered quickly.
32 Weeks!
Hard to believe we're less than two months from holding Nugget in our arms! We're getting pretty excited! Craig's got the crib up; I stocked up on diapers and wipes; and it seems like every time I turn around it's time for another doctor's visit. Soon we start going every week! I think we've finally settled on a boy's name as well as a girl's - we're both getting pretty anxious to find out whether it's a he or a she nugget. We ask the Baby to kick once if it's a girl or twice if it's a boy, but so far, Nugget's not telling either. Here's a more recent picture...
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Posted by Anissa Huffman at 6:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Delighted to get an update, both on your travels (SNOW??) and on Nugget's progress. Must teach that baby to count!!
Love 'n prayers,
Patty
Delighted to get an update, both on your travels (SNOW??) and on Nugget's progress. Must teach that baby to count!!
Love 'n prayers,
Patty
Post a Comment