FAQ's
Where are the pictures?
Aunt Susie wants more pictures on the blog... so here's the most current one of Nugget and I, in Nugget's freshly painted room. It was very much a collaborative effort - A mission team from Colorado painted the blue, "Grandpa Michigan" painted the brown, Daddy painted the cream stripe, and Mommy finished up the project by stamping the bunnies.
How are you feeling?
I finally feel pregnant. It's getting more difficult to move around, I quite often have a pain in my side (residual from that accident last year, but aggravated by whatever's going on in there), Tums are my favorite snack, and sleep is more and more elusive. With the help of my new body pillow, sleep is getting easier, and the rest of it seems pretty minor. Most days, I wouldn't trade any of it for feeling Nugget flutter around in there.
Are you having any cravings?
No, sadly enough to those who curiously ask, I am not having any real bizarre cravings. It seems there are times when something or other sounds really good, but no more than normal, I don't think. Although I can almost always be talked into a Giant Roast Beef Sandwich and a Jamocha shake from Arby's. Otherwise my diet consists of lots of fresh fruit, peanut butter, cheddar cheese, and of course, ice cream!
Is the baby kicking?
Without ever having done this before, I would classify Nugget as an ACTIVE baby. Periodically through the day and night, I can feel little kicks, punches, and stretches, as well as hiccups which are pretty fun. Craig and my new favorite activity is to watch my tummy move in the evenings.
Is it a boy or a girl?
My grandma "Mamie" insists its a boy (her partiality after having four boys!), as does my cousin Denny (who has a five month old son of his own), while my Aunt Sue, and Craig's "Grampa" are laying favors on girl. Grampa calls the baby "Daisy." A group of girls from inner city Omaha at the camp last week were split on the issue. According to some lunar chart in the baby name book, it's a girl... but the same lunar folklore on the internet projects a boy... so only God and Dr. Leahy know (but Dr. Leahy insists he's probably already forgotten!).
Do you have names picked out?
We most likely have a girl's name ready to go, and are probably getting pretty close to a boy's name. No, we're not telling. And rest easy, Huffman's, "Bono" and "The Edge" are pretty securely out of the running (although Craig keeps insisting to bring them up EVERY TIME we discuss it!).
Are you ready?
Are you kidding?!? Craig and I attended an all day Childbirth class at the hospital last weekend, and came home perhaps more overwhelmed than when we arrived. It's nice to have a more realistic picture of Nugget's big emergence, and some tips to help make it a little easier on all of us, but the unknown is always the biggest fear. I'm getting more excited to hold the little one in my arms, but also feel pretty good knowing that s/he is hanging out all warm and secure right now. I read everything I can get my hands on, and we have three more classes at the hospital, which seem to be super beneficial. We still have lots to do and acquire around the house, too, but we do have three more months! I suppose that we'll never feel really ready, but I think we're on our way.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Posted by Anissa Huffman at 4:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for the great update on Nugget and his parents. Love the team effort on the nursery decor project! Looking forward to future updates. Love to all, Patty
Love seeing pics of you and Nugget and hearing about the team effort on the nursery decor. Looking forward to future updates! Love to all, Neil & Patty
Hey its Beth Ekstrand. Hows Nebraska? I just wanted to say hey so you can email me at www.randomchic821@aim.com
Post a Comment