Last week I got to go on my first camping trip in the tent. We went to a Nebraska state park called "Fort Kearny" in Kearney, Nebraska. It was so fun to crawl around in the tent - especially since I've figured out how to crawl on my knees. I also liked picking grass, and ripping up leaves. There was a bunch of lakes at the state park, and I got to splash around in one (it was nice and cool, although it looked really green and gross). It was REALLY hot, and the flies were bitting which really bothered mommy and daddy, but I did't think it was so bad... except for when it was night-night time - it was too hot for sleeping! The third night it looked like we were going to get a BIG storm, and the wind was blowing so hard the tent caved in... that also made it really hard to sleep, and mom and dad decided we all needed some so we packed it in and headed to a motel (don't tell dad I told you...).
We also visited some neat places that taught me some things about the Mormon trail, the people, and the wagons that traveled across the country way before I was born. I got to meet a mountain man that I thought was pretty interesting. I kept staring at him, and he thought that was pretty funny.
Can't wait until I get go camping again!!


1 comments:
Wow Graham! It looks like you had a lot of fun camping! You're crawling around on your knees? That is so exciting! We're so glad that you had fun on your first camping trip. Maybe Uncle Nate and I will get to go camping with you some day!
We love you and miss you! Tell your mommy and daddy that we say hello!
Post a Comment